TORRIANO MEETING HOUSE IS ENTIRELY USER FUNDED, DONATIONS WELCOME
Poetry readings 2015
Sundays at 7.30pm.
Poets from the floor welcome. Admission £5/£4 (according to pocket)
- 5th – Easter Sunday (no meeting)
- 12th – Torriano Poetry Competition winners’ readings
- 19th – Amy Acre, Dave Bryant and Helen Moore, introduced by Pauline Sewards
- 26th – Ian McEwen and David Penn, introduced by Lisa Kelly
- 3rd – Dinah Livingstone
- 10th – Martyn Crucefix June English and Patricia Griffin with poems set to music by Anthony Anderson
- 17th – Sara Boyes, Mary Michaels, Katherine Gallagher and Barbara Zanditon
- 24th – Jane Grell and Parminder K.
- 31st – Marina Sanchez and Jeri Onitskansky
- 7th – Mario Petrucci and Helen Calcutt
- 14th –Jill Abram presents RA Villanueva, Rishi Dastidar & Cat Brogan
- 21st – Daphne Gloag and Carol De Vaughn
- 28th – Short readings from: Belinda Singleton, John Bevan, Maggie Scott, Kaye Lee, Annmarie Nicholson and Harriet Proudfoot followed by Australian poet, Diane Fahey. Introduced by Katherine Gallagher.
- 5th – Ross Donlon and Brian Docherty
- 12th – Leah Fritz and Danielle Hope
- Also on poetry event on Saturday 18th July Money is as innocent as the gun – a spoken word show. Details see below.
- 19th – Miriam Halahmy and Anne Ballard
- 26th – Poets from Sound Crew
- 2nd – Frances White and Annie Taylor
Poetry and Voice workshops led by Katherine Gallagher. Saturday 1-5pm. Next sessions 20 September, 18 October, 6 December 2014. £19 /£15 per day. Book with Katherine on 020 8881 1418 or email: mail[at]katherine[hyphen]gallagher[dot]com
Comedy Impro course with The Magic Mad Hat. Taster session Wednesday 24 June. £10.
This is the taster session to introduce you to Improvised comedy – what is a better way to explore fun, joy and laughter, than actually doing it and experiencing it first hand?
We would like to invite you an evening of games, ‘foolishness’, playfulness and being ‘out of your head’. This will be an evening where you can be a child again, while fully embracing and celebrating ‘failure’. Enquiries: Gudrun 07748 389 432 g.c.fritz[@]gmx.net
Money is as innocent as the gun – a spoken word show
18th July 2015 8pm. Free.
A playful excavation of that filthy, dirty grubby legal tender trap; in story and verse. Encourages the blindingly obvious to have a sense of
incredulity; ruminating while ravaged by our inadequacies to grasp the what, the why and the wherefores of money.
Nominated for best spoken word show – Greater Manchester Fringe Festival (2014)
Unity Folk Night
8pm last Monday of each month the Unity Folk Club meets at Torriano Meeting House. Songs, ballads, poems and music. All welcome. £3. Next session 27 July
StoryNight is storytelling for adult audiences, hosted by Nell Phoenix. Monthly, second Wednesday.
- Socialist Party of Great Britain meet. For further details please contact:-Tel: 020 7609 0983 Email: email@example.com
New Anarchist Research Group. Our meetings are friendly and informal. They are usually held on the fourth Saturday each month. Next meeting 25 July, 2pm