TORRIANO MEETING HOUSE IS ENTIRELY USER FUNDED, DONATIONS WELCOME
The World is my Country
Thursday 2 October An evening celebrating the anti-war activists of 1914-1918 with pictures, poetry, song and talks. Chloe Mason, the great-granddaughter of socialist, pacifist, suffragist and second-hand clothes dealer Alice Wheeldon imprisoned in 1917 for the alleged attempted murder of Lloyd George, will be talking about the campaign to clear her great-grandmother’s name. Part of the World is my Country project.
Joan Littlewood‘s 100th birthday will be celebrated with FUN here on Saturday and Sunday 4th-5th October. See here for more on Fun Palaces
November 14-16th. ‘Bakunin’: A new production by The New Factory of the Eccentric Actor.
Sundays at 7.30pm.
Poets from the floor welcome. Admission £5/£4 (according to pocket)
- 7th – Roisin Tierney and Martin Malone, introduced by Lisa Kelly
- 14th – Grey Hen Press reading – Maggie Butt, Wendy French and Anne Stewart, reading from Running Before the Wind, Poems about the Sea
- 21st – Sue Hubbard and Margaret Eddershaw
- 28th – John Harvey and Beata Duncan with music from blues duo Doc Stenson & Pete Burke, introduced by Hylda Sims
- 5th – Osita Nwankwo (poetry) and Mark Mayoral guitar and voice
- 12th – Dannie Abse and Lynne Hjelmgaard, introduced by Leah Fritz
- 19th – Organised by Lisa Kelly
- 26th – Organised by Dan Kennedy
- 2nd – Kate Foley and Donald Gardner, introduced by Angela Kirby
- 9th – Jennifer Johnson and others
- 16th – Chrys Salt and Ghareeb Iskander
- 23rd – Jo Roach and others
- 30th – Emma Press reading –Jacqueline Saphra and Ruth Wiggins, introduced by Emma Wright
- 7th – A reading of Brian Heiser’s work.
- 14th – Dennis Evans plus musicians
Poetry and Voice workshops led by Katherine Gallagher. Saturday 1-5pm. Next sessions 20 September, 18 October, 6 December 2014. £18 /£14 per day. Book with Katherine on 020 8881 1418 or email: mail[at]katherine[hyphen]gallagher[dot]com
Unity Folk Night
8pm last Monday of each month the Unity Folk Club meets at Torriano Meeting House. Songs, ballads, poems and music. All welcome. £3. Next gathering 25 August, 29 September, 27 October, 24 November, 29 December
StoryNight is storytelling for adult audiences, hosted by Nell Phoenix. Monthly, second Wednesday. 8pm. £6
Wed 10th September, The Battle of the Trees / Cad Goddeu A storm rages; a child is born; an ancient secret uncovered. Somewhere, an army of trees begin to march…Christine Cooper tells a twisted web of tangled stories, with the mysterious Welsh poem that inspired Tolkein and Shakespeare at its centre. The loss of millions of trees in the 1987 storm, an archaeological dig on a remote beach, the poet Robert Graves in a frenzy of inspiration, and Christine’s own family story are drawn together through moments of startling coincidence. The crime of the warrior chief Amaethon echoes down the centuries, and a voice speaks the words: I am Taliesin.
8th October Cuchulain and The Crow Queen told by Kate Corkery, Xanthe Gresham and June Peters
Join us to discuss socialism and organise to promote a world of production for use not profit. A world of common ownership and democratic control without the state, leaders, nations, war or money
For further details about Socialist Party of Great Britain meetings please contact:-
Tel: 020 7609 0983 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socialist Party of Great Britain meet on 19th August and 16th September. For further details please contact:-Tel: 020 7609 0983 Email: email@example.com
- Kentish Town branch of Camden Labour Party meet on 9th September
- Anarchist Research Group meet 27th September