TORRIANO MEETING HOUSE IS ENTIRELY USER FUNDED, DONATIONS WELCOME
on Saturday 1 March, 10.30am-5pm A fundraising day for Torriano Meeting House
with Musicians, Refreshments, Tea and Cakes, Poets reading (at noon and 3pm)Local honey and herbs, Pictures, cards, art works, Books: new and secondhand and more. Entry free, donations welcome.
Saturday 8th March 4pm. International Women’s Day. The New Factory of the Eccentric Actor presents “Heroines of Revolution”. Entrance free; tea and madeleines; bucket collection.
Sundays at 7.30pm.
Poets from the floor welcome. Admission £5/£4 (according to pocket)
- 2nd – Jennifer Johnson, Richard Leigh, John Snelling and Murray Shelmerdine
- 9th – Grzegorz Wróblewski, Adam Zdrodowski, Piotr Gwiazda – Introduced by Chris Gutkind and Marcus Slease
- 16th – Sue Hubbard
- 23th – Jane Kirwan and Wendy French, ‘Born the NHS’: poems, memoirs of their families of doctors, and more.
- 2nd – Stephen Elves and Josephine Corcoran, introduced by Lisa Kelly
- 9th – Nick Owen and Vahni Capildeo, introduced by Katherine Gallagher
- 16th – Alan Price, Louise Warren and Claire Booker, introduced by Lisa Kelly
- 23rd – David Cooke and Sue Aldred, introduced by Peter Phillips
- 30th – Torriano Competition Winners’ Reading
- 6th – Anna Selby, Hannah Lowe + others
- 13th – Happenstance reading – introduced by Helena Nelson
- 20th – Easter Sunday – No Reading
- 27th – Viv Fogel + others
- 4th – Dinah Livingstone
- 11th – Highgate Poets
- 18th – Maggie Butt reads from ‘Sancti Clandestini- Undercover Saints’ with exhibition of illustrations.
- 25th – Richard Skinner and others
- 1st – Hilda Sheehan and Janet Sutherland, introduced by Linda Black
- 8th – Alan Brownjohn and Leah Fritz’s Romanian translations
- 15th – Daphne Gloag and Carol DeVaughn
- 22nd – Paul McLaughlin and Beatrice Garland
- 29th –Caroline Natzler launch reading
Learn to do your poems justice. A workshop with Eve Pearce (LGSM Speech & Drama) Thursday 20 March 2014, 7pm – 9.30pm (door open from 6.30, please be prompt). Reduce your stage nerves, project with presence and let your poems speak! For poets, and anyone wishing to increase their confidence in public speaking.£12, £9 concessions. To book a place: telephone :0207 482 0044 or email:email@example.com. This workshop is a benefit for Torriano Meeting House More info.
Poetry and Voice workshops led by Katherine Gallagher. Saturday 1-5pm. Next sessions 18 Jan; 15 Feb; 15 March; 12 April; 17 May 2014. £18 /£14 per day. Book with Katherine on 020 8881 1418 or email: mail[at]katherine[hyphen]gallagher[dot]com
Harmony Singing led by Robin De Carteret. 7.30-9.45pm Wednesday 19 March, 2 April. Learn and sing some beautiful songs from around the world. A capella singing: 4 part harmonies and rounds from the natural voice network tradition – so no auditions – and singing for pure enjoyment rather than preparing for performance. Suggested donation of £5-12 (but please do come if you can’t pay this). Contact Robin 0781 5452008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unity Folk Night
8pm last Monday of each month the Unity Folk Club meets at Torriano Meeting House. Songs, ballads, poems and music. All welcome. £3. Next gathering 24 Feb, 31 March, 28 April
StoryNight is storytelling for adult audiences, hosted by Nell Phoenix. Monthly, second Wednesday. 8pm. £6.
- Wednesday 12th March.
- Wednesday 12th March. Tales of Robin Hood told by Michael Dacre
- Wednesday 9th April. Ariadne and the Minotaur told by Cat Wetheril